Coaching is the process of:
“Unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
It is an approach that facilitates self-discovery, primarily by helping a person to see things in new ways and adopt new ways of thinking.
Mentoring is a
” … supportive learning relationship between a caring individual who shares knowledge, experience and wisdom with another individual who is ready and willing to benefit from this exchange, to enrich their professional journey.”
- discover new perspectives
- uncover mental blocks
- establish specific steps that they can take
- stretch and attain mastery
and when appropriate, we will:
- make suggestions
- offer advice based on our experience and expertise in commercial and leadership development
- provide tips
- recommend tools and systems
Generally the process will follow a sequence of: diagnosis, discussion, action and reflection.
We will do whatever we can to help individuals to achieve their objectives in the shortest possible time. This can range from a single discussion through to on-going weekly or monthly sessions. But ultimately it is always your decision.
Why Coaching / Mentoring?
- it is cost-effective – unlike training, coaching focuses on an individual’s specific needs and situation
- it achieves results quickly because it is practical and emphasises specific actions
- it is flexible – a coach can adapt and respond to an individual’s changing requirements
Where Do Sessions Take Place?
Coaching sessions usually take place over the internet using video conferencing technology, with the option of screen sharing (generally Skype or Google Hangouts).
If you are based in the UK then it may be possible to meet face-to-face.
I hope that this information is useful. If you would like further information or would like to arrange a no-commitment call to discuss your requirements, please contact us.